About LAC‎ > ‎

Roads and Grounds

Our roads have undergone great change since the first residents' arrival in 1926. The original roads were gavel and cinders, and were still such when transferred to the Lake Arrowhead Club. These original roads soon became unsatisfactory and expensive to keep in repair.

After many meetings and much discussion on the subject, it was decided to pave the roads. It was also decided that the property owners would directly bear the cost of the original construction. Although our roads have been maintained by Denville Township for many years, they were not officially turned over to the Township until 1989.

The Club owns a number of protective strips and other grounds. The properties at the Lakewood Drive entrance, near the highway and at other strategic spots are maintained to keep our community in as natural a state as possible.