About LAC‎ > ‎

Our Clubhouse

Our Clubhouse is the site of many pleasant social and recreational functions throughout the year. It is also the formal meeting place for the Board of Trustees and the Lake Arrowhead Club Auxiliary. Monthly meetings and quarterly open business meetings are conducted in the main hall.

The clubhouse was built in 1926 and used as an office by the Crane Co., developers of Lake Arrowhead. It was purchased by the Club in 1931. The clubhouse originally contained three small rooms. With the growth of the community it became necessary to expand the facilities. After much discussion and planning this expansion became reality in 1955. The north wing was added to give us a large hall which is used for meetings, dances, dinners, children's activities, and other major functions. Some time later, the remainder of the first floor was completely renovated into a new bar area and an attractive and fully equipped kitchen. New heating systems for each wing were also installed under this program. In 1990, the clubhouse was completely rewired and French doors were installed in the main hall. More recently, central air conditioning was added to make the building more comfortable during warm weather functions and the floors in the bar were redone, as well as carpeting in the main hall.

The Club owns a liquor license and a bar is maintained. The bar has a separate budget and supports itself at no cost to the community. Proceeds are reinvested in the clubhouse for needed improvements.

The Clubhouse is available for rental by our members at inexpensive rates. Reservations can be made by contacting the board member assigned to rentals.